Travel in your styles
The Beach Break of Kep
Kep is a tiny coastal province in southern Cambodia, known for its seafood and tropical islands. The relaxed provincial capital of Kep, or Krong Kaeb, has wide streets with crumbling villas that recall its former glory as a French colonial resort town. Kep Beach has calm waters and a promenade with statues, while vendors line the waterfront at the nearby crab market.
The city was founded in 1908 during French colonial rule and was originally named Kep sur mer. Many of the French style villas are overgrown and run-down, but Kep is slowly being redeveloped and tourism is reemerging. The colonial influence is noticeable in the city’s Provencal-style architecture and French cuisine. Kep is also famous by its Koh Tonsay (Rabbit island), is located 4.6 km south of Kep and can be reached by boat from Kep port. Tourists are drawn to the beautiful white sand beach overlooking the sea. The sea here is shallow and the sea bottom has a long gradual slope, making Koh Thonsay excellent for swimming. At the sea bottom are a variety of corals, sea animals and plants which attract researchers and ecologists.
Most popular sites & Activities in Kep
› Rabbit Island (Koh Thonsay): taking 45mins by local boat to the well-known island in Kep, Rabbis Island is a pleasant sandy beach for relaxing, swimming and sunbathing. You may like to have a short trekking to the other side of the island where you see local people raise the seaweed. The fresh yummy seafood is a must when you’re on the island.
› Crab Market: Locates along the Kep shore and admired by interesting trading seafood activities, Crab market has become one of the popular places in Kep.
› Kep National Park: Biking or trekking are available on Kep National Park, discover the untouched lush jungle, may come across wildlife during hearing some songs of birds. Enjoy the breathtaking and take photos of picturesque landscapes from the mountain.
› Kep Beach: Nice, clean seaside, an enjoyable coast for swimming, sunbathing and get fresh beautiful sea view during the sunset time.
Nearby Attractive Place
› Kampot: not far away from Kep town, Kampot has much to be explored, including salt fields, durian & the famous Kampot pepper plantations, admired by spectacular nature, mangroves, caves and mountainous landscape. Kayaking & biking activities are the best options to discover the surroundings.
Tours related to Kep
Cambodia Tour & Southern Coast 10 Days
Amazingly experience the incredible Angkor complex included magnificent Angkor Wat, smiling faces of Bayon, the popular remarkable giant trees at Ta Prohm and visit the largest freshwater of Tonle Sap. Continuously explore Phnom Penh’s major attractions by cyclo before exploring and relaxing in the south coastline of Cambodia.
12 Days Cambodia Adventure & Southern Coast
Ideally well designed to propose for couple travelers planning their holiday trip to see the best insightful Cambodia. The tour starts from incredible Angkor Wat Siem Reap via pleasant Battambang with bamboo train to Southern Coast including Kep Rabbit Island & Kampot pepper farm, relax at tranquil Koh Rong Samleom and explore Phnom Penh Capital.
Explore Tours to Asia
• Authentic Indochina 23 Days
• Best of Indochina 3 Weeks
• Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia 2 Weeks
• Cambodia, Vietnam & Laos 18 Days
• Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos 10 Days
• Indochina Tour & Beach Break 20 Days
Explore Cambodia & Vietnam
• The Essence of Cambodia & Vietnam 3 Weeks
• Cambodia, Vietnam & Beach Holiday 17 Days
• Cambodia & Vietnam Tour Package 13 Days
• See Cambodia & Vietnam Differently 19 Days
• Vietnam & Cambodia Tour 10 Days
• Vietnam & Cambodia Tour 9 Days
• Vietnam & Cambodia Tour 8 Days
• Vietnam & Cambodia Tour 7 Days
• Vietnam & Cambodia Tour 5 Days
Explore Asia Multi-Country
• Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand 8 Days
• Vietnam, Cambodia & Thailand 10 Days
• Myanmar, Laos & Cambodia 2 Weeks
• Vietnam, Cambodia & Myanmar 19 Days
• Myanmar, Cambodia & Vietnam 20 Days
• Vietnam Cambodia Laos & Myanmar 23 Days
• Cambodia, Myanmar & Thailand Tour 23 Days
• Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia & Vietnam 25 Days
• Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar & Thailand 31 Days
• Cambodia Grand Adventure 3 Weeks
• Cambodia Grand Adventure 16 Days
• The Taste of Cambodia & Beach Break 2 Weeks
• Cambodia Adventure & Southern Coast 12 Days
• Cambodia Classic Adventure 11 Days
• Siem Reap, Battambang & Phnom Penh 8 Days
• Cambodia Tour & Southern Coast 10 Days
• Siem Reap & Koh Rong Island 7 Days
• Siem Reap, Koh Rong & Phnom Penh 8 Days
• Siem Reap, Koh Rong & Phnom Penh 10 Days
• Siem Reap & Phnom Penh Unique Tour 7 Days
• Siem Reap Adventure Tour 7 Days
• Siem Reap Adventure Tour 6 Days
• Angkor Discovery Tour 5 Days
• Angkor Explorer Tour 4 Days
• Siem Reap Highlights by Bike 4 Days
• Phnom Penh & Siem Reap 5 Days
• Phnom Penh & Siem Reap 6 Days
TOURS YOU MAY LIKE
Angkor Discovery Tour 5 Days
Experience the best of Siem Reap – the ancient landmark fulfilled incredible temples followed by the rich history and its remaining Angkor complex. Discover from the world’s heritage temple…
Siem Reap & Phnom Penh 6 Days
Explore Cambodia from Angkor complex in Siem Reap to Phnom Penh Capital for 6 days. This classic journey provides a great value trip to see the world’s marvelous heritage “Angkor Wat”…
Siem Reap & Phnom Penh Unique Tour 7 Days
The tour is perfectly designed for those who want to experience amazing Cambodia in unique ways, discover from magnificent Angkor complex to a bike…
Siem Reap, Koh Rong Island & Phnom Penh 10 Days
This private Cambodia tour provides an amazing experience to see insightful Siem Reap including the finest masterpieces of Angkor Wat & Angkor…
2,632 total views, 2 views today